Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Teething

Ugh! I do not like teething at all! I think it is safe to say that if Joel could speak more, he would agree wholeheartedly, and even more so! Our buddy doesn't seem to have the highest threshold for pain. And unfortunately, when he teethes, he tends to get several teeth in in a short amount of time. The past several days he has been CRANKY! It didn't take me longer than a few hours to figure out he was teething. He currently has four or five teeth coming through, many of them being eye teeth which are very painful.

Typically when Joel teethes he gets sick. I realize many doctors say teething doesn't cause colds, fevers, etc. From personal experience I beg to differ! The teething itself may not cause the illness, but I think it throws Joel's system so out of whack, because he gets so upset, that he just picks up bugs as a result. This time I was determined not to let that happen. He has been doused with vitamin C, and Tylenol to keep him calm and lots of prayers!. And thanks to God this time he is not sick! But man, is he ever crabby. Still sweet, but when he doesn't get his way, look out! I cannot wait until these teeth come through. It will be a blessed day in the Harrang household when Joel's final tooth comes through. That day cannot come soon enough!

(original post 11-04-09)

No comments:

Post a Comment