Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Moo, Baa, La la la



My kids love the book "Moo, Baa, LaLaLa". It really is a cute one - and fitting for my kiddos. I was reminded of a fun memory of Elise this week. Joely was pointing to his lion, asking me to get it for him. His way of asking was making the sound of a lion, "Roar!". It was so cute - and then it struck me - this is exactly what Elise used to do when she was younger. She was very verbal early on. And one of the things she first learned to say was the sounds that animals make. (I still remember calling my parents one day and Elise leaving a message of animal sounds on their voicemail). As a result, her first stuffed animals received names that matched their sounds. So, her lambie's name was "Baa." Her lions name was "Roahr". Even when she learned to say "Lambie" and "Lion", she still for a long time preferred to use their sounds for names instead. It is so fun to see Joely follow in her footsteps now.

No comments:

Post a Comment