Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Moochies, nuggets & pine needles

Moochies, nuggets and pine needles...let me tell you what these words mean in the Harrang household!

For a long time Nik has called Joel nugget. Where did that name come from? I don't really know. One day Elise started calling Joely a nugget as well though. It was really cute. She would scrunch up her face, tickle Joel and say, "hello you little nugget!". Then the word began to transition in her mind. During bath time she went through a phase where she got very curious about his unique boy parts. As she started to talk about his private area, she referred to it as his "nugget". So now, nuggets, in her mind, are boy private parts. So she has noticed that Papa and Joely have nuggets, while she and mama do not.

Now on to moochies. One day Elise and I were out in the backyard. She put her hand on my chest and began to talk about my moochies. That word was completely authored by Elise. But from that day on that's what shes called them! So now she talks about how mamas have moochies, but papas do not.

Now for pine needles. The other day Elise was sitting at the table with me and Joel. We were all eating lunch together. She pulled up her shirt and pointed to one side of her chest and said, "these are my pine needles.". So now, I guess moochies are the developed version of pine needles! It is fascinating to see Elise make sense of her body and the world around her - and quite amusing too!

(original post 11-13-08)

No comments:

Post a Comment