Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Tender One

Joel has always been a very "feeling" person. He is extremely passionate about things and feels things very deeply. Recently his sensitive side has been emerging in even greater measure. We recently watched the movie Elf with a friend of ours. At the end I caught my little buddy crying. He immediately denied it, claiming that his eyes simply have water that comes out of them every hour :). I told him how much I love his sensitive side and that it is a wonderful thing - nothing to be ashamed of! Two days later we were watching the Magic School Bus. I looked over and found my little buddy again crying, eyes all red. My prayer for this guy is that he grows to be a man comfortable with his sensitivity. This is how God has made him and it is a beautiful thing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment